The real measure of our performance is the quantitative measure of score increases and satisfaction of students, teachers, and guidance counselors with our total organization. The following are representative samples of unsolicited comments from students, parents, and guidance counselors.
• I just got my SAT score today… guess how much I got? 1530! My parents treated me to Pizza Hut tonight and it was wonderful!
• I think God really wanted to help us when Wei met you accidentally at SAS. Otherwise I wouldn’t get a 1530 with only 2 months’ preparation. When you come to Shanghai again, be sure to call me. I really want to see you again.
• As a former student of the ASI SAT prep course, I wanted to share just how much this course really helped me acheive my score on SAT. When I first sat down in this course and took the SAT for the first time in my whole life, besides the PSAT’s, the score I got was a 350 verbal, 420 math. Pretty pathetic! But as I gained confidence in the method that was being taught by you and was actally able to use this method to get the correct answers, I improved my score to 710 math and 580 verbal. Thanks to this course, I would probably have never been able to have the confidence for this score. The nice people and keen atmosphere helped the improvement and learning – a must when it comes to cracking the SAT.
• I’d just like to thank you for your course. It has helped me out exceptionally with raising my scores. I will be taking the SAT I’s again in October/November to raise my verbal score.
• It was really a coincidence, or what we Chinese called “Fate”, that I took you SAT course, because I actually ran into Linda and Carol when fetching the SAT bulletin, the second day I knew about SAT. Thus, I really should thank your help in my SAT odyssey.
• This was the best course I have ever taken.
• I think this course was a wonderful investment. The course has increased my confidence and I now hope to do well on SAT.
• I did much better in this practice test than I did on my PSAT. Good course.
Students on Other Courses:
• Thank you for the course. I can actually say this course really works. Princeton* doesn’t. Once again, thank you.
• Better than Priceton Review* weekend PSAT prep.
• This was the best SAT course I have ever taken.
Parents on Course Impact:
• I just wanted to let you know how very glad we are that Russell participated in the SAT program. On the practice test he improved his total score from approximately 900 to 1200. He is more confident, focused and motivated to do well in his studies.
• I just want to recommend the (ASI) SAT/ACT prep course provided at ASH this spring. Emily raised her math score 170 points. The pointers and study materials were well worth the course fee.
• I wanted to thank you for all the difference you made to Vaibhav through this course. He has become more confident and sure of studies ahead.
• Just wanted to let you know how my son did after taking the SAT prep class. He had taken the PSAT twice prior to the prep class, getting scores of 1180 and 1300. Then he took your class (he was the one that was late sometimes because of baseball camp). After he took the SAT, I called the phone number that gives you early results and heard that he got 730 verbal and 710 math for a total of 1440!!
• While we were living in Singapore in the Spring of 2000, my oldest son took a course from you at the Singapore American School. Now we are back in the States and my 2nd son is getting prepared to take the SAT. . .I was really impressed by your method and know that it was an incredible help to my son.
• I’m glad that SAS has contracted a very capable group of teachers for this important project. We plan to have our daughter sign up for the Spring course, and would love to see you again at that time.
Guidance Counselors on Teacher Quality:
• Thanks for sending us another great SAT/ACT Prep teacher. How do you get such enthusiastic people???
• I become more and more impressed with your staff with everyone I meet!
Guidance Counselors on SAT/ACT Program:
• I just wanted to contact you regarding the recent program which your teacher ran for us here at TASIS. It was a superb experience for all of the students and we appreciate the professionalism with which she ran the course.
• We just looked at the stats for score changes from PSAT to SAT. . . Of the 49 who took the ASI course and have taken an SAT, 14, or 29%, improved by 100 points or more (110- 290). Of the 95 non-course takers, 15, or about 17%, improved their scores by 100 points or more (100-270).
• Thanks for the info on your new company. The brochures are stunnning… they appeal to my senses a lot. I really appreciate the easy to read format and the components both for counselors and students.
• We really appreciate your coming. I’ve told all the parents I’ve talked to how good I think your program is and how lucky we are to get you before the company gets too busy.
• I am very pleased with your teacher’s approach to teaching tips and strategies to taking the SAT. As I mentioned to her, in the past I’ve been a bit wary of high priced SAT/ACT programmes that offer little more than what can be self-taught in books or from a CD. After sitting in her class, I realized there is much more gained from attending her SAT/ACT prep programme.
• Although the students are very tired from spending 2 weekends of additional studying, they are very happy they took the class and are encouraged about a possible increase in scores. I have not heard anything but positive feedback.
• Thanks very much again for another wonderful course. The buzz in the hallways with the students this morning is very positive (albeit with some fatigue).
• We have been delighted with ASI and the program delivery. Perceptions in the student and parent community are great.
• The course has gone over great! I have gotten really good feedback from the students.
• You are both a delight to work with, and I am getting good feedback about the course. So we look forward to the next.
• Student feedback has been positive. Some students question how any course could prepare one for the SAT/ACT (but) your teaching has received only positive reviews.
• I am very pleased with the results and the survey. I think the kids were even more pleased today when I handed back their PSAT scores. Because the scores came so late, I went into their USH course and just did a quick review. I asked each one (except Janelle wasn’t in there) how they did on the PAST compared to the ASI practice test score and some just groaned! Without exception their scores from the ASI practice test scores were much better.
• I asked a student today about how the course was going and he said, “Great! We are learning all kinds of good strategies.” And the teacher? “Oh, she is awesome,” he said.
• Some thought you would want to know this: Scott White’s PSAT to SAT scores went from 350 to 440 and 400 to 460! Not great scores, but quite a bit of improvement!
• It seems that overall, students and parents like the course and the timing, for the most part. I do think it comes at a crucial time, just prior to the October SAT I exam. The comment from one student that they liked it better than Princetom Review is worth noting.
• Thank you for providing a high quality prep program.
* Princeton Review is a registered trademark of Priceton Review, Inc.